AAC and AT Resources
- Ability Net:
- The Ace Centre: http://www.ace-centre.org.uk
Charity. Assessment, training, loan bank, consultancy, advice and information services
SpeechBubble Communication aid database
- Call Centre: http://callcentre.education.ed.ac.uk/Resources/
Charity. Lots of resources including Apps guide and information sheets!
Order your free copy of “Other Ways of Speaking” from
- Inclusive Technology: www.inclusive.co.uk/ Supplier. Online resources.
- Liberator: Language Development Resources online at: www.aaclanguagelab.com . Supplier. Links activities and targets for each stage of language development with suggestions of how to do with Liberator devices.
- Logan proxtalker has a sheet on simple suggested goals/targets/activities http://www.logan-technologies.co.uk/out-and-about and also one on supporting children with visual impairment. Supplier.
- Makaton http://www.makaton.org Charity. Makaton signs and resources.
- MayerJohnson: http://www.mayer-johnson.co.uk Supplier. Boardmaker Share. They also have 4 Apps for iOS on language flash cards, rhyming flash cards, vocabulary memory and articulation.
- One Voice: www.1voice.info Charity
- Signalong: http://www.signalong.org.uk/ Charity. Signalong signs and resources.
- Smartbox Assistive Technology: www.smartboxat.com Supplier.
- Talking Point: www.talkingpoint.org.uk Charity
- The Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists: www.rcslt.org
- Toby Churchill: http://www.toby-churchill.com/ Supplier.
- Tobii: http://www.tobii.com/ Supplier of eye tracking/eye gaze equipment.
Other useful resources online:
- Videos, resources and tips from people with communication difficulties for NHS staff http://www.nes.scot.nhs.uk/education-and-training/by-discipline/allied-health-professions/about-nes-ahp/resources-and-publications/making-communication-even-better/vision-statements.aspx
- Training and Consultancy in ICT and additional support needs http://www.assist-it.org.uk/assets/content/aac.htm
- Apps for AAC http://appsforaac.net/
- Free AAC photo/symbol cards http://www.senteacher.org/Worksheet/6/PECS.xhtml