About Uplands School
Uplands is a purpose built Partnership Funded Initiative (PFI) school, completed in October 2006 and co-located within a learning campus that also incorporates a mainstream primary and secondary, and a primary special school.
Uplands catchment area is throughout Swindon and extends into Gloucestershire and Wiltshire and there are currently 138 on roll.
Uplands is a school for students with severe (SLD) or profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD) aged 11 – 19 years and/or Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC). Our students will often have additional complex needs. Attainment on entry for all our students is well below the national age related expectation and all our students have statements of SEN.
Ethos and Values
Uplands aims to ensure that all students have:
- A vibrant and caring community where independent life skills are developed to ensure students reach their full potential.
- Innovative and stimulating learning experiences and opportunities.
- A truly inclusive school where all contributions are celebrated and valued.
- Effective communication to be at the heart of all we do.
- Exceptional care, support and guidance in a safe and nurturing community.
- A unique and flexible curriculum, designed to maximise student engagement and progress.
- To be supported and enabled to contribute to their own lives and their community.
- Excellent partnerships and transitions during their learning journey into adult life.
- Exceptional staff to student ratios with highly experienced specialist staff.