Community Inclusion is driven by our core learning values and desire to enable all our students to contribute to the school and wider communities.
Community Inclusion at Uplands aims to promote the following:
- Independent and interdependent life skills
- An inclusive ethos in the school and wider school community
- Equality in the school and wider community
- Partnership working across the school and with our community partners
- Opportunities for volunteering and contributing in the local community
- Peer partnerships with other pupils and students from Swindon schools
- In reach and outreach work related learning provision
Through our engagement with and contribution to, our local community, we also hope to raise an awareness of issues related to disability and to remove barriers and misconceptions associated with disability.
“The youth club is brilliant….giving the young people another opportunity for new experiences”
Quote by Parent